Course Title: Data Literacy: Level 1 – How to Read and Interpret Data Visualizations
Description: Become more familiar with the fundamental concepts of data and what it means to be highly data literate. Go beyond tables and figures and learn how to more effectively make sense of charts, graphs, maps and dashboards in this 4 week online course. Sessions are instructor-led, and trainees are expected to join live rather than of watching recordings on-demand.
When: 4 consecutive Wednesdays from 3pm-6pm PST starting on May 2, running through June 6th, 2019
Where: Online via Zoom.us
Price: $375 / person ($325 / person early bird price)
Class Size: 25 seats
Tools Used: The main focus of this program is concepts and understanding. Some light use of browser-based data visualization tools like Flourish and RAWGraphs may be used.
What you get: Registration entitles you to:
- A 4 week online course with Ben Jones
- A free copy of the 17 Key Traits of Data Literacy ebook
- Access to instructor during weekly group office hours (1 hr / week)
- Access to session recordings for 90 days
- Links to helpful resources for further learning
Requirements: Trainees must be able to connect to virtual classroom via Zoom.us from a Mac or PC connected to the internet.