Webinar Replay: Fireside ChatGPT
Last week, half of the Data Literacy team — Ben Jones and Alli Torban — hopped on a livestream to chat about our concerns with ChatGPT along with some of the interesting applications we’ve discovered. Watch the replay below if you’re interested! Here are the main highlights:
- Be aware of privacy concerns when using ChatGPT, as the information you input may be saved and used to improve the model or for other purposes.
- Always double-check the accuracy of the information provided by ChatGPT.
- Be aware of the biases that exist in the training data of chatbots like ChatGPT. These biases can affect the responses generated by the tool, perpetuating societal biases that may not align with your values. Users should actively work towards mitigating these biases and holding developers accountable for creating more ethical and less biased chatbots.
- Interesting uses of ChatGPT: list out ingredients you have on-hand and it’ll suggest recipes, paste in writing samples and ask for specific ways to improve your writing, or any brainstorming or summarizing activity.
- In the near future, businesses will need to lean into human connection to stand out from the large amounts of AI-generated text.
- Ultimately, AI is a tool that saves you time so you can focus on the skills that only humans have. This is the winning combination of human skills and AI capabilities.
Learn more about ChatGPT with us
📚 E-book: ChatGPT Basics: Exploring Its Origins, Uses, and Misuses
🖥️ On-demand course: ChatGPT Basics: Foundations and Getting Started (e-book is included in the course)
📝Blog post: Here’s the ChatGPT prompt that reduced my meal-planning time by 90%
Lastly, if you’re willing to sign up for our email distribution list, then we’ll send you a free copy of Chapter 3: ChatGPT Warnings and Caveats. In this chapter, Ben discusses and shows actual examples of interactions with both GPT-3.5 as well as the newer GPT-4 architecture that reveal a propensity for certain kinds of errors and problematic responses. Familiarize yourself with the “Don’ts” of ChatGPT first, and then you can find your way to the many “Do’s.” To receive your free pdf copy of Chapter 3 of ChatGPT Basics, just fill out the form below and we’ll send it to your inbox.