Data Literacy Level 1: Learning to See Data
Become more fluent at reading and interpreting the visual language of charts. Learn about the 25 most common chart types, and how you can use them to glean important insights from your data such as part-to-whole relationships, change over time, and correlations, among others.
This course is on-demand and self-paced. Trainees are able to progress through the modules on their own at at their own pace.
Tools Used: There are no software tools needed to take this course
What you get: Registration entitles you to:
- A digital copy of Learning to See Data by best-selling data author Ben Jones
- A digital copy of the 16 Chart Reading Tips checklist
- Perpetual access to the Data Literacy Level 1 On-Demand offering
- 8 course lessons divided into 32 topical modules
- 32 instructional videos between 4 & 16 minutes in length
- A total of 4 hours and 50 minutes of instructional videos
- 1 course project workbook
- 8 lesson quizzes with a total of 82 questions
- 8 lesson worksheets
- Links to helpful resources for further learning
Requirements: Trainees can use a Mac or PC laptop to access the modules, which include video lectures, supporting and supplemental materials, quizzes and exercises, and related data sets. No familiarity with any specific data analytics software tool is necessary.