Learn the language of data with Data Literacy Fundamentals: Understanding the Power & Value of Data. In this course you will lay a firm foundation in Data Literacy by putting in place 8 building blocks of understanding that will help you grasp what data is, how it’s used, and ways to think about incorporating it into different areas of your life and career. Data literacy is a non-negotiable skill in today’s world. It’s no longer just for Data Scientists. Every role and every department benefits from data fluency. Go beyond joining the conversation and jump right into the driver’s seat, grow in wisdom and feel more confident working with data. No prior experience or skills required. This course was built with all experience levels in mind.
Data Literacy Fundamentals was developed by Ben Jones, Data Literacy CEO and Professor of Data Visualization Theory at The University of Washington’s Foster School of Business.
By the end you’ll have learned:
- The 1 Overall Goal of Data
- The 2 Systems of human thinking involved
- The 3 Areas of life where data matters
- The 4 Different data scale types
- The 5 Forms of data analysis
- The 6 Ways of displaying data
- The 7 Groups of data activities teams carry out
- The 8 Questions to ask your data upfront
Interested in team pricing? Inquire here.
You can also buy this course as a gift for someone else.
And don’t forget! You can always preview the first lesson for free.